I done started a trash movie blog.
I watch a lot of B-Movies. I also watch a lot of A-Movies. But mostly I watch a lot of B-Movies. And C-Movies, D-Movies, etc. And up to this point in my life I've done nothing enriching with the hours upon hours of insanity that have been etched into my brain. That's gonna change today. I'm gonna write about 'em!
B-Movies are great, but usually people don't want to watch them with me. No matter how hard I try to convince them. And that makes me sad, but I understand it. For most, it's no contest between the latest blockbuster, critical darling, or classic piece of film history, and the shot-on-VHS splatterpunk waking nightmare I just pulled out of my bag and am vigorously raving about and shoving in their face. Many of these movies are offensive, incoherent, and at times hard to sit through, either due to visceral upset or complete inability to retain interest. Sometimes it's both at the same time. But what they lack in taste, sense, and solid plot structure, they make up for unadulterated enthusiasm and commitment to delightful, unabashed insanity, creating an altered state of consciousness like worms in the brain in the best way possible. Each movie is an offbeat enigmatic experience in and of itself in a way that most contemporary mainstream cinema is not. These are the pieces of weirdo outsider gutter art that history has tried to discard and bulldoze over. These are the trash. But there are diamonds in the trash. And we're gonna find 'em.
(Also I don't know how to use blogspot so bear with me and I'm sorry.)
B-Movies are great, but usually people don't want to watch them with me. No matter how hard I try to convince them. And that makes me sad, but I understand it. For most, it's no contest between the latest blockbuster, critical darling, or classic piece of film history, and the shot-on-VHS splatterpunk waking nightmare I just pulled out of my bag and am vigorously raving about and shoving in their face. Many of these movies are offensive, incoherent, and at times hard to sit through, either due to visceral upset or complete inability to retain interest. Sometimes it's both at the same time. But what they lack in taste, sense, and solid plot structure, they make up for unadulterated enthusiasm and commitment to delightful, unabashed insanity, creating an altered state of consciousness like worms in the brain in the best way possible. Each movie is an offbeat enigmatic experience in and of itself in a way that most contemporary mainstream cinema is not. These are the pieces of weirdo outsider gutter art that history has tried to discard and bulldoze over. These are the trash. But there are diamonds in the trash. And we're gonna find 'em.
(Also I don't know how to use blogspot so bear with me and I'm sorry.)
Comments
Post a Comment